Mixing Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orca67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
While I wait for rock, lights, sand, heater, and so on wait and wait some more. Down the road we want to stock our tank (46G Bow) with a couple clown fish wife wants ones like nemo (Amphiprion ocellaris??) for the grand kids. I was thinking of black clowns or even black ice clowns. So my question is can you mix differnt clowns in the same tank say 2 Amphiprion ocellaris and 2 black ice?

The easiest clowns to mix are the oscellaris and their designer types. :) I would say yes to a "nemo" mixed with a black ice or a b&w oscellaris.

Good catch, didn't even see he wanted 4 clowns.

Unfortunately most times it just ends in a mess. Mine were all fine for months and one day the orange ones just decided they had to kill the B&W clowns. I got them out in the nick of time, luckily I have enough tanks so it didn't end in death. But it sure was headed that way. And thats in a 6foot tank/

some people will say they had luck, in my mind it's always just a matter of time.

Cool good to know will just stick to a pair guess the wife will get her nemo's. Now what can I put with them back to the research pages.

Back
Top Bottom