Mixing dif kinds of shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rench

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a coral banded shrimp now and want to get more shrimp for my tank. I was told that I couldnt cause the coral banded would kill them. They said only way to get more than one coral banded was if they came as a pair and the others dont mix with coral banded. Im interested to hear other opinions and experiences. Thanks

No I mean I have a coral banded and two cleaners together. Many people on here have a full mixture of cleaners, cbs, and peppermints with no problems. It may depend on the size of your tank and how many hiding places you have. Mine is a 90g.

Its always a risk if you keep a Coral Banded Shrimp with other shrimp , I had a peppermit shrimp in my 37 Gal The store owner told me there wouldnt be a problem and when I woke up to my surprise the CBS was eating the peppermint , It all depends on the CBS itself

I think only another CBS is your option at this point. Infact they do much better in pairs.

i have a 2 skunk cleaner, 2 peppermint, 2 camel, 2 fire, and 1 coral band in my 29 gallon fuge....they are all fine together...however its their tank with perfect places with everyone....i probably wouldnt recommend for sparcer tanks.

Thanks for the advice guys. I was thinking of adding more when I add more rock so like the last post said they have their own space. Keep the advice coming. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom