Monti Cap and Placement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday I went and pick up a few Piece of Red Monti Caps. I am having issue's knowing where to place them. I was wondering if I can mount them on my Back glass? Is that possible with just Super Glue?

You can super glue them anywhere you want. Just remember when they start to grow they will shade everything below it. Best to keep them lower in the tank.

I sure will I just wanted to make sure they can b glued to glass.... Just and idea for placement for now....

The problem is that they want lots of light which usually places them higher in the tank. Don't be stingy with the flow either.

The problem is that they want lots of light which usually places them higher in the tank. Don't be stingy with the flow either.

Usually higher up is not always the best from what I can understand especially with Monti cap they cover everything. I have enough sufficient light and flow to get them growing low... But I decided not to put them on he glass..... :)

I agree with Larry in keeping them lower in the tank. I have VHO`s and they grow pretty fast. They will as he said shade everything under so I would keep it lower.

Dont make me pull my camera out Allen. LOL I guess it depends on the lighting system.

Like I mention I think I have enough lighting that I can get good growth and Color.... My Tank isn't very deep.... :) At least I hope not....

Back
Top Bottom