mooving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will moving affect my cycle process? I plan on a move in approx 6 months. Tanks been up bout 3 wks. I'm thinkin the best way to move it is to get almost all the water out except for the ones covering the cc. Any ideas?

i dont think it would affect it. The water being mature is part of the process not necessarily where the tank is it. If youre concerned id suggest just putting the water in some buckets with lids and transporting it separately from the tank, then add it when you get there

Just make sure most of the water is out, you don't need the bottom of the tank busting out during the move ! I have seen a 100 gallon tank loose it's bottom ! Not pretty !

While the following article was written for freshwater folks in mind it holds the same for saltwater folks.

>>>Moving your Fresh Water Aquarium by:BillyZ<<<

About the only thing I would add to the article is the importance of keeping as much water as posssible in the move since you would need to mix up fresh saltwater along with everything else at the new location if you are short on water.

Back
Top Bottom