Moray Eel compatibility help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mghslowell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello friends,. i am new to this forum.

I have had 4 fw tanks from 10 to 55g and i had fw morays eels. now i am transfering my 55 to a sw. I am excited about the sw morays they have,

ok my future planned setup will atain in 3 weeks.

I am using cc with a protien skimmer and live rock (fiji) 45lbs

i have 2, penguin 330 filters that accepts biowheel, and a sufficient heater.

I wantto get anemones w/ maroon tomato clowns, and was wondering if a moray eel, or snowflake would be compatible, any suggestions?

thank you very much

sean

If the clowns are large enough not to be viewed as food then it will be OK. I would suggest that before you purchase an anemone that you do a search on them, they have been discussed time and time again. They are not recommended for the new SW hobbyest and not recommended until the tank has matured for a year. Anemones have very strict water quality and lighting and feeding requirements, so before you purchase make sure you know what the species you want needs and you can provide it. Anemones are virtually immortal in their natural environment (the ocean), yet suffer a very high mortality rate (greater than 80%) in captivity.

thanks yeah i dont plan on getting one untill my tank fully cycles just for future reference, yes i have read almost every article lol. i was going to get the sebae clown with the sebae anemone. later on well after the cycle.

thank you

Back
Top Bottom