moving a full tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long it takes depends on your water conditions more then anything. It wont stay white long....

I've never really worried too much about the coraline landing on my sandbed. I just leave it there and after a day or two it is gone. I don't have a major issue with coraline since my new tank has been up for only 2 months now. When I had the 72 I used to scrape it off the sides and the front and just let it go, it never stayed visible for more then a couple of days.

You can try and siphon it out but you will get some sand along with it.

Thanks, Ziggy. Maybe I'll try it for a section at a time and see what happens. I'd like to get as much off as I can, and then remove the black plexiglass backing and paint it blue. Now that I have a small cleaning crew maybe they'll make it disappear...they seem awfully hungry.

Am I supposed to be feeding my cleaning crew?? It seems counterintuitive. Right now I have three clowns and a chromis and I feed them a small pinch of pellets 3-4 times a day, alternating between veg and meat based each day. The "crew" consists of a sally crab, an emerald crab, 5-10 nassarius, 15-20 trochus, and a bunch of scarlet hermits. Oh, and a brittle star. Once or twice a week I've been throwing in a frozen cube of spirulina brine shrimp and the crew goes wild. Am I underfeeding?

If anything I would say you are feeding a little too much.

The cleaning crew isn't really going to eat the coraline off the glass. If you want it gone you are going to have to scrape it yourself.

The cleaning crew isn't really going to eat the coraline off the glass

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant maybe they'd eat the bits that I scraped off that were sitting on the bottom. I did a bit of scraping last night and made some good progress (while watching the debate!). The coralline on the glass is mostly white because the tank dried out when we moved it, so it actually doesn't look that bad with little scraped off white bits sitting on the sand. I'm thinking about following your lead with the peekaboo blue, or possibly the krylon blue ocean breeze for the back...

Excellent...Since you have the tank set up already make sure to cover the top really well when you go to paint....You don't want to get pain into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom