Moving a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M_DonFran

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am thinking about getting a SW tank, but i will be moving in January. I was wondering how hard would it be to move the tank, fish, ect.? Or should i just wait until after I move.

Drive would be about 30-45mins.

Tank size would be around 55-70 Gallons, if that helps.

Thanks!

Just wait cuz they will prob get stressed but look at the bright side more time to research,prepare and save money!

id say get it:) a 55-75g tank wouldnt be all that hard to move and wouldnt even take up a full truck bed by itself.one should never wait to experience the joys of sw fish

Actually, i would start shopping now and then set it up right when you move.

By the time it comes to move you'll have just entered a good palce most likely as far as your water parameters, your base rock will be move alive each day and the sand will have started diatoms and butrned through them by then the life in the tank will be rolling right along.

If you move a tank, I would always recommend new sand or rinsing your current sand. Lots of nasties get released when moving live sand. Also,you'll probably have stock by then and you gotta worry about fish stress.

Plus if you start shopping now you can have a heck of a setup. :-D

okay, thanks everyone! I think I am going to go ahead and get everything but the fish.

Sounds funny- but I was Thinking about moving a few months after I first set up as well. I was told (since I couldn't wait either) that when I move to go to home depot and get a really big trash can on wheels, line it with something, then place all the live rock and water in there to transport it. Don't start all over when you move- make life easier. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom