Moving and setting up new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need a little help for you guys. I currently have a 75 that has already been set up for almost a year now. I a. Moving Saturday and bought a brand new 75 reef ready waiting on stand and sump to still come in. I am going with dry rock and seeding it with one or two pieces of rock that's currently in the tank now. I have a question about cycling, the new tank using one or two pieces from the old tank do I just do all the same as if I was cycling a whole new tank? Any advice on moving the livestock would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I can't use the old rock because, I have a critter somewhere that likes to eat my coral so I have no choice but buy new rock I don't really want to carry him to the new tank. I have some rock in my sump that I was going to throw in the sump I am getting. Trust me I would have loved doing it that way.

Well I know it's in the main tank so I would just use the rock that is in the sump.

Okay maybe someone else will chime in thanks though

Back
Top Bottom