You can probably put the LR
in the tub with your tank water, or just use wet newspaper.
As for the tubs, watch out some of them are coated w/an anti mold or bacteria (not sure which) coating. I believe I've seen mst people go with rubbermaid.
Live sand should by aragonite. I'm not really sure LS
is really live, since its been sitting on a shelf at room temp or higher.
You don't want the silica based sand, that is very sharp.
I think if you remove all of your CC at once, it might cause problems, since the bacteria lives in the substrate. I removed about 1/3 of mine at a time and replaced with sand. I did leave a little of my CC in the bottom.
I would have a batch of premixed water ready at the new place, if possible. Moving that CC will stir up the nasties in the CC.
Do I need to cure the LS....for how long? I've read how. Just nervous about move.
You shouldn't if you do the switch slowly, when you remove 1/3 of the CC, the critters and bacteria should migrate to the sand.