Moving house!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscadoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right guys unfortunately our landlord is selling so ive now got the stress of moving house. Luckily ive managed to get a place just up the street but anyway.
Im hoping to have 350 litres of water premixed and ready to fill the tanks as soon as I get it there. Now the only containers I can find/afford are 1000 litre ibc food grade BUT the ones I can get have either stored syrup or vinegar... What do you think I should do?

Thanks

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IMO, go with the syrup storage containers, if you have a choice. Less chance that something has leached into the plastic. On the other hand, I doubt enough residual acid could be still in the material to adversely affect your water parameters. Quite a few people use vinegar to lower PH, but the result is usually temporary.

Can I use bicarb soda to clean them?

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Many restaurants will give you 5 gallon buckets. Also many home improvement stores sell 5 gallon buckets for just a few dollars. I ended up getting the 5 gallon fuel jugs with a handle much easier to carry than buckets

Back
Top Bottom