Moving soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tharry68

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm going to be moving in about a month. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. So that I don't have any problems. I don't have to move the tank the same weekend that I'm moving everything else. The tank is about 100g and I have 8 fish in the tank with some hermit crabs. I did have some snails but they all died off.

how big are the fish? how far away from your current home are you moving? are there corals or just fish and crabs?

We have a great article on moving yoru tank up in the articles section. It might be in the freshwater articles listing but it will still be very relivent to moving a saltwater tank.

"how big are the fish? how far away from your current home are you moving? are there corals or just fish and crabs?"

I just have fish and crads. Most are no bigger than 3-3 1/2 inches long.
I do have a smaller tank that about 20gallons. I was thinking of taking some of the water from my main tank and putting it in the smaller tank. Move the fish to that smaller tank and brake down and setup the main tank in the new location. My new house is only a half-mile from my old house.

to save water to avoid shocking the aquarium think rummermaid containers, just fish and water in one then water and whatever in the rest. worked well for me and I ended up with storage totes for storage :) gonna do it that way next time too. Good luck and hope you like your new place. -Chris-

Back
Top Bottom