Moving with 65 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TracyFacey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My mother just gave me the best hand-me-down ever! Her stocked 65 gallon tank! I have firefish, GIANT rose bubletip anemone, 2 black and white clowns, lawnmower goby, blue hippo tang, yellow tang, and thanks to me adding my rocks and coral from my 25 gallon that I just took down I now have a sixline wrasse due to the unwelcomed addition of flatworms that came out of nowhere. I noticed these when I emptied the 25 gallon. They are tiny and the wrasse that I got today has already taken care of a huge portion of the ones that I have noticed in my 65 gallon.

My point is that I am going to be selling my house and moving into a new (bigger) house on February 20th and 21st. We need to be out of here on the 20th and we close on the new one on the 21st. I am totally clueless on how I am going to make this possible with my tank. I have only been in this very expensive hobby for a couple months so I know enough to get me by but not enough to figure this out alone. I am open to any ideas... :angel:

Thank you for your suggestions!

Hi rather you than me on this one, all joking aside you will need at least one more tank at your new home that is up and running, and ready to hold your fish and coral and probably one more tank with water just for the live rock, plastic bags rubber bands and water containers, I moved a 50gallon tank a few years a go, its basically setting up 2 new tanks and to do this could take a week. P.s whilst moving all live stock please try and keep alot of light out (KEEPS THE STRESS DOWN) also keep checking water parameters good luck with this one!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think this would be possible. I have to be out of this house on February 20th because the person who is buying it is moving in on that day and in my new house on the 21st.

It is possible that one of them might let me move the tank to or from on the day before/after but asking for a week is never going to happen. The entire process so far has been horrible to be honest. :( The person buying our house I don't think would go for it and we only have contact via Realtors. I will talk to my Realtor and ask if he thinks either party would be willing to put up with me moving a tank.

Why not hire someone to move it for you? Depending on your budget it might work out best..

Are you moving in town? Look for a local lfs that moves saltwater tanks regularly or local reef club for help. Can easily be done in about 3-6 hours with the right gear depending on how far.

I hired a lfs here for $100 to move my 65 over a year ago. Was completed in 4 hours.

Back
Top Bottom