MRC's 46 Gallon BF Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a lot of stuff going out tomorrow or Tuesday but I just got my w2s so ill be picking up quite a few new colonies to replace whats going out to add to my variety. I really need to up my zoa and acro selection. One thing that really sucks is a lot of people around me tend to do softy tanks since the lighting is cheaper and I don't have much to offer there other then zoas and polyps. On a side note there may be some BIG news soon to come on my "project" in the works.

Well keep me updated. I several zoas in my tank that I want out and can think about fragging my starburst acro, though it is browned out from my nutrient issues in my water.

I feel ya. My green millepora and ora birdsnests lost a lot of color since I moved. I actually just noticed today a pretty major decrease in algae so still happy with the chemi pure elite although I did split one of my largest rocks down to frag that piece so ill probably see some nutrient issues from that : /

I'm sure things will be fine. I'm just trying to figure out how minimal feeding, with 250ml Purigen, a good amount of GFO, and ro/di water that just ran its course of DI resin giving me .04 tds still gives me water issues. And lets not forget the oversized skimmer and refugium.

Well the issue your going to meet if your wanting to mix softies and sps together, is the chemicals that they'll be pumping out. They can stunt the growth of some corals. Which means maybe separate tanks for each? ;)

Well the issue your going to meet if your wanting to mix softies and sps together, is the chemicals that they'll be pumping out. They can stunt the growth of some corals. Which means maybe separate tanks for each? ;)

Ya the end goal is to have entire systems dedicated to softies, lps, sps, and maybe a small nem propagation tank. Honestly I do have the means to setup three seperate systems right now but I'm just gonna plumb them all together for a larger body of water for better quality and less equipment needed.

Ya the end goal is to have entire systems dedicated to softies, lps, sps, and maybe a small nem propagation tank. Honestly I do have the means to setup three seperate systems right now but I'm just gonna plumb them all together for a larger body of water for better quality and less equipment needed.

I have the same idea. I am setting up a 10G nano for all softies (y)

10 gallon isnt much room for softies. That's my biggest issue with softies and euphylias. Take up to much realestate haha. I just did a re count just now and I'm up to 100 frags on the dot along with about 40 attached colonies with 50+ different species/variants.. my 46 is PACKED haha

Yea its going to be a all mushroom tank. Probably all Ricordia :) My 46 is pretty full of frags as well. I think last time I checked I had 60 different corals lol.

index.php

Well just got back from a 4 hour round trip. Left my house with 17 frags packed up, got home with $40 a nice euro reef rs-100 and 2 koralia 750s. Also picked up a 75 gallon tank but gave that to my buddy for $40 and he drove. All in all everyone's happy and me especially lol.

Ya I jumped on it asap. It was up for 2 hours before I locked it down haha

The goods :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130129_204605.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130129_204605.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 76
All cleaned up looking brand new :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130130_193606.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130130_193606.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 76
A lil look at how packed my sandbed is getting lol.. pretty much all brains and acans :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130202_204820.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130202_204820.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20130202_204838.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130202_204838.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 120
Back
Top Bottom