MRC's 46 Gallon BF Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to see but it turns out one of my cleaner shrimp is holding a batch of eggs!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130203_171910.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130203_171910.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 44
Ya I think I might set up a larvae tank for them. If I could get 5-10 to settle then it'd be worth it :)

So my taxes came in today and in definitely gonna try and finish up my frag tanks but I wanna get atleast something small for my 46 so it isn't left out haha. I'm thinking maybe a second reactor and a replenish on my cuc. Bought them all 13 months ago and I'm down to about 1/5 of the original crew. Mainly snail's and red hermits falling prey to my few big blue hermits : / ... Anything else you guys would recommend? And save your breathe on some MPs lol I really really REALLY want one or two but I don't wanna drop that much into the 46 when I got two frag tanks that still need finished :(

What are you planning to run in the second reactor? Man, you lost that many cleaners to the blue legs? Ouch! You really do feed lightly! An auto top off may be worth considering for the frag tank. It'll be more useful after the tanks are packed with corals if you plan on doing kalk. Auto dosers aren't bad to have for two-part if you plan on going that rout. Just throwing out some ideas here. :)

Well all my systems will be ran together as one so an ATO is on the frag tank list kinda but the doser isn't a bad idea cause I do dose 2 part. The second reactor will be for just whatever since I'm almost quadrupling my body of water I need to be able to hold more media then my one brs can handle.

Still not to much going on yet. Things are gonna start getting crazy in the next month or two though lol. Just sold a guy some keds reds zoas, dragon eye zoas, Christmas favia, war coral favite, and all teal favia for $30. Were both happy :) lol

Still not to much going on yet. Things are gonna start getting crazy in the next month or two though lol. Just sold a guy some keds reds zoas, dragon eye zoas, Christmas favia, war coral favite, and all teal favia for $30. Were both happy :) lol

All of that for $30?? Dam dude, hook me up haha

Pretty much all my frags are $5-$10 with a few $10-$20 pieces :) ill be ordering in some shipping supplies in the next couple weeks as well so those test packages might be showing up soon haha

Pretty much all my frags are $5-$10 with a few $10-$20 pieces :) ill be ordering in some shipping supplies in the next couple weeks as well so those test packages might be showing up soon haha

Hey Id love to be the test project :) Hahaha

Well, moved my tank 10 miles couple days ago and just made another sale. Dragon eye zoas, pink rapture zoas, green bay packer zoas, fire and ice zoas, and yellow polyps for $25 :)

I try to make sure there is anywhere from 7-12 zoas per frag and if its a $10 frag you can ask Adam, those are about 35-40 zoas lol.

I should note though the greenbay packers and fire and ice were a mixed rock so they are together with less fire and ice then green bay packers.

No the one guy ended up flaking on me so I'm gonna just try my hand at it but everything was on standby for the last couple weeks cause I just moved which SUCKED lol

I try to make sure there is anywhere from 7-12 zoas per frag and if its a $10 frag you can ask Adam, those are about 35-40 zoas lol.

Haha yeah, that was a good frag. Probably the best grower in my tank too. It's grown like to twice it's size by now.

Not much going on still. Just cleaning up now and admiring my work lol. Just got done cutting 3 dragon eye zoa frags, 6 blue clove polyp frags, 6 blue pipe organ frags, and 5 green millepora frags. Tomorrow I think ill be cutting 5 Keds Reds zoa frags and 5 yellow polyp frags with maybe a few green slimers acro frags too.

Made another sale today- pink rapture zoas, radioactive dragon eye zoas, blue clove polyps, blue pipe organ, war coral favite, Christmas favia, teal favia,baby blue platygyra, pink pulsing xenia, and Galaxea for $60, another happy customer and more room for some new frags :D

Back
Top Bottom