MRC's 46 Gallon BF Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news! After about 5 days my dartfish finally made a very brief appearance during feeding but is back into hiding again... Don't know why the strange behavior but great to know he's alive lol

Finally hooked up my moonlights a couple days ago :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121020_130331.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121020_130331.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 79
Ya the only thing that sucks even at my old place I have no way to hook them up directly over the tank so I have to angle them off the wall making it very difficult to utilize all the light (actually I can't, probably only getting half the light)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121020_130800.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121020_130800.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 83
See I thought about the strip accents that mount inside the tank but I feel that would be too much light.. one day I may just take my dremel to my fixture and just mount them right inside of it but while its still under warranty I guess ill wait lol

Sniperhank said:
Look at my tank, it has LEDs mounted right on the lip for moonlighting.

Was there suppose to be a pic? Lol

Sniperhank said:
No, I'm at work so that means you have to check my build thread. I think there is an updated moonlight shot since I've been playing with my new camera.

Of how you mounted or just the FTS?

Sniperhank said:
Just the FTS. They were an LED strip that I glued up into the rim. It'll let you see what it looks like to see if you like it.

Oh I know what you mean now I thought you meant you mounted them on the back to hang over the rim. Are they the marineland waterproof accents?

Here they are going strong.
img_2169183_0_088909c13af623af8f344365a3dedfe2.jpg

Looking good hank! Just did some maintenance on mine.. battling some algae issues since the move and stirring everything : /

Sniperhank said:
It happens man, just keep at it. You'll be fine.

I know but man its so annoying lol its actually beginning to go away with some extra phosband, double water changes, and cut an hour on my lights. Along with manual removal too : l

Back
Top Bottom