MRC's 46 Gallon BF Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
The birdsnest is looking amazing!! Better than I could have ever got it.

It's not the same one as I got off you if that's what you were thinking. Just made a trade with a guy from Washington pa tonight at the highlands.. the frag I got off you ended up not making it but the colony is growing nicely now not quite as colorful as the new one though :)

Well almost been a couple weeks since I updated but still not to much to say lol other then the fact that I am winning the battle with my algae. Almost completely gone now which I still contribute to the move in October. Didn't think it would last so long but I did expect this to happen. Haven't used any media either for the last 2 months while battling it decided to just do it naturally by pruning my chaeto frequently along with good and frequent cleanings/water changes and lots of polyfloss lol. Corals seem to be really happy and no need for dosing either since I've been doing such frequent WCs. Next month is time to start changing out bulbs which sucks though haha

Well had someone drive from about an hour away to come trade me a 150 and a 250 watt heater and HOB overflow for a few frags...score haha :)

Ya best part is the heaters are brand new in the box never opened

Bought a bandsaw to frag my lps.... It's a POS and is already broke but I got a 2 yr warranty on it so back to the store tomorrow... Don't buy the SKIL saw, might he cheap but definitely not worth it lol.

They have to be tweaked very carefully. The guides especially need to be adjusted. I have a Craftsman and love it. It's my most used power tool.

Ya just got the craftsman 10" and absolutely love it.. swapped out blades in 2 seconds and running perfect. The skil saws flyweel was very poorly made and was off balance causing the belt to drag and the 1/8" blades to slip off. That's without the headache of trying to put a blade on that POS, you need 2 people pretty much lol.

I guess that's what I get for buying a $100 bandsaw even after reading the bad reviews lmao the 10" I just got on the other hand may be the best $200 I've spent in a while.

I totally agree. I've had my bandsaw for about 8 years and it's only had one problem. My brother and I were building a hood for his 75 gallon reef about 6 weeks ago but I was ill. I left it to him to do the easy cuts and he must've twisted the blade pretty hard with the wood. The tire on the top wheel got chewed up. He's definitely not a woodworker. lol Still, he has such a big heart and I couldn't even get slightly annoyed with it. Craftsman parts are always insanely easy to order. A new tire was like 20 bucks. I also love the roller guides. Great saw.

Well still not to much to update. Picked up some chemi pure elite couple days ago and put that in my reactor during my big cleaning today so hopefully that'll eliminate my little algae problem. This will be first time I've ran ferric oxide in my tank so I'm excited to see the results on it lol.

Been a while since a update shot so here it is.. as you can tell I've been fragging a little bit lol. I have 3 brains and 2 acans I'd like to get soon as well as 5-10 frags of my blue clove polyps and GSP.

Day 1 of chemi pure elite.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121223_214347.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121223_214347.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom