My 10g progress!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Either will work. You just need to provide an ammonia source

Ok I will add another shrimp! So with my parameters how they are how much longer do you think it will take? It's been almost a month! I really want a fish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If my parameters are good by this weekend I plan to get a fish! I want a watchman goby and a firefish! I would like to get a hermit crab or brittle star!
Would it be better to just get 1 of the fish and the crab or star fish or could I get by with adding 2 fish at the same time ?

I'd start slow with 1 fish and whatever inverts you want. CALLING EXPERT but I believe starfish need a bigger tank than this?

Caleb

Once the ammonia and nitrites are 0ppm, the nitrates will be high. You will need to do a large water change to bring down the nitrates, then you are ready to add fish.....

I like BulkReefSupply's ro/di machines. I have a 5 stage that I was using before my wife moved into my house and took over my kitchen. You can also find them on ebay. They can hook to the sink or get plumbed into the water line to be turned on/off. Make sure you get an inline TDS meter so you can monitor your total dissolved solids and a pressure release so it isn't so hard to take the chambers off to replace the filters and resin.

Is this a good ro/di machine? And a good price?

Attachments

• 1438713716478.jpg
    1438713716478.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
100GPD is more than you will ever need on a 10g lol mine sucks and I'm lucky to get 2 gallons out of it before having to wait a while.

Caleb

100GPD is more than you will ever need on a 10g lol mine sucks and I'm lucky to get 2 gallons out of it before having to wait a while.

Caleb

Well I have a 60g cube I'm going to start once I get the hang of things! That's why I was thinking I would need one that I could use for it to!

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait to get a fish! My nitrites and nitrates are sky high! :( makes me sad

Back
Top Bottom