My 10g progress!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to put my progress on here so if I'm doing anything wrong or if anybody has any suggestions! This is my first sw tank so I'm a newbie! I know I need a ro/di unit but I'm not sure what brand or how much to pay for one! So it's currently tap water with declorintor! I know that's not good but it's all I have right now! And should i try to get my salinity down now or wait until cycling is done?
I'm cycling with dead shrimp
dry sand
Dry rock (added about 7th day)
This will be day #13
Ammonia 1.0
Ph.8.0
Nitrates 5.0
Nittrites 0
Salinity 1.028
Temp 79ish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1435888365244.jpg
    1435888365244.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 121
Just naturally lower your salinity down with a water change. Add less salt to the bucket so when you replace the water you drained, it should even out. I really like your scape, makes it seem larger the a 10g. But one question, it's a bubbler?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice tank. I wouldn't make a huge deal over salinity yet since you are still cycling. Mine somehow got to 1.029 one time and my critters were still in one piece.

Caleb

Just naturally lower your salinity down with a water change. Add less salt to the bucket so when you replace the water you drained, it should even out. I really like your scape, makes it seem larger the a 10g. But one question, it's a bubbler?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes it's a bubbler! In my mind it's my temporary "WaveMaker" or whatever you call it! I thought it would help not make a dead spot! Haha ?

Don't use a bubbler. The continual popping of the bubbles will create salt creep. This will lower salinity and the salt build up can fall back into the tank, which will burn whatever it touches. You will need to get yourself a powerhead as soon as you can.

Ok I'm going to order it soon! is there anything else I should order? What kind of food is good yall use from petco?

What is a good starter fish? I need to be thinking about what to get so my lfs can order it! I would ask them but honestly i think they would tell me anythin!

What is a good starter fish? I need to be thinking about what to get so my lfs can order it! I would ask them but honestly i think they would tell me anythin!

Mysis shrimp is what I use. Frozen foods.

Take a look at fire fish, clown gobies, certain clownfish, blue neon gobies.

Or

Goby pistol shrimp duo. The goby protects the shrimp. Unique to watch but if you want a really active fish then I wouldn't do it.

The only fish I can think of that you could do more than one in this size tank is prob the blue neon goby. They are quite small.

You could do the neon and a bunch of inverts :) hermit crabs, shrimp, snails, etc

Caleb

I personally think the best nano fish are either firefish or one of the smaller fonts like a yellow watchman or blue neon

I love gobies! I will probably do either a yellow watchman or a blue neon! How many inverts could I have? I really want a brittle star and a hermit crab?

I love gobies! I will probably do either a yellow watchman or a blue neon! How many inverts could I have? I really want a brittle star and a hermit crab?

I'm up to 5 hermits 2 shrimp and a snail in my 10g so far.

Caleb

I have 4 hermits, never had any luck with snails, had a cleaner until something (glares at the six line) happened.

Also there's a sale on maxi jet pumps/ power heads on Amazon. 15$ for the lowest one. If your still looking for them

I have 4 hermits, never had any luck with snails, had a cleaner until something (glares at the six line) happened.

Which snail? I have a Cerith. He buries himself in the sand then domes out at feeding time with his big long tube sucking up food.

Caleb

Yes I am still looking for one! Thank you! I will go take a look!

Which snail? I have a Cerith. He buries himself in the sand then domes out at feeding time with his big long tube sucking up food.

Caleb

Tropus, they did great for awhile but eventually start to fall off the glass, even though they had plenty to eat.

What is this growing on my heater? I keep my light off always! It's hard to tell but on the suction cup it's kind of red looking

Attachments

• 1436144994857.jpg
    1436144994857.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom