My 220 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a pic of the progress.. This thing is massive. Even with a step stool I couldn't reach the bottom. 36" tall stand and the tank is 30" tall.

ForumRunner_20120824_000257.jpg

Did you take pics of that 100 pounds from reef rocks?
I wanna see what that stuff looks like.

Sniperhank said:
I have to say, amazing looking tank man. Can't wait to see it up and running.

Thanks. Can't wait till my ro/di unit and salt mix gets here so I can start getting water in this thing.

In other news, when I broke down my 50 gallon to move it across the room I accidentally ripped my Kenya tree in 2. I guess as it grew it aftachec itself to another rock. Over 24 hours later and it looks to be recovering nicely.

Ok I've been busy with work but I have my new 5 stage ro/di system from BRS together and ready to go and two huge salt mix buckets. Tomorrow morning its off to home depot for a brute trash can to make my water.

Also got my protein skimmer put together and in my sump.

I haven't updated for a few days, got 80 pounds of dry sand from reef rocks with anoyher 100 pounds of live figi pink sand in the tank and it has been an ongoing process filling the tank with water, my rodi unit is great, measuring 8-14 tds going into the di and 0 coming out.. Tank is over half way filled with salt water.

going to pick up a few pieces of live rock from the lfs on thursday and pour a cup or two of sand from my existing tank into the new one.

Ok today my taotronics leds I ordered off of ebay came in. I have 3 of them to cover the tank, trying to decide how to mount them. I also got my overflow, sump, return pump hooked up.

I'm interested in those taotronics LEDs but I can't find any info on them I have an 180g tank and was wondering how many of those I would need? I'm gonna start Fowlr and eventually move up to reef

Badambomb79 said:
I'm interested in those taotronics LEDs but I can't find any info on them I have an 180g tank and was wondering how many of those I would need? I'm gonna start Fowlr and eventually move up to reef

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I think 3 would cover the tank nicely. They come with a wire hanging mount but I think I am going to try a DIY mount for them. Much more of a blueish white light than my 4 bulb t5 light I had on mu other tank. Fans make a little noise but nothing too bad imo. Great light for the price I think.. We will see for sure in a couple months.

Some of you mau disagree with this, but I transfered all the fish and live rock from the previous tank into the new one, along with some bottled bacteria.

I am monitoring levels and so far so good, if I do get an ammonia spike I have a water change ready, but I doubt I do.

Well seems like I'm only talking to myself here lol, but this is a good way for me to keep track of what happened and when.

So since transfering the fish, the highest my ammonia has gotten was .25 and that was gone by the next day. Everything is great except for the diatom outbreak.

I havent updated in FOREVER... tank is doing great. Current stock is 1 vlamingi tang, 2 percula clowns, 1 red head wrasse, 1 Christmas wrasse, 1 bangaii cardinal, 2 green chromis, 1 chalk bass, 1 green mandarin, 1 flame angel, 1 anthias, handfulls of snails and hermits, 1 sand sifting star, 1 coral banded shrimp and 1 gbta.

Tons of coral, a kenya tree that went from frag to a forest, a frogspawn that has gone from 4 heads to 7, a duncan, a turbinara that has more than doubled, a hammer coral, a favia brain, pulsing xenia qlso more than doubled, several different mushrooms and zoas, and a galaxy coral. I recently added some more hard coral that is so far so good.

I hadlve had bad luck with tangs, ive lost blue regal tangs a couple different times as well as a powder blue a yellow and a naso, not all at the same time, I would love to have another tang but my vlamingi has done great for about 6 months and I dont want to upset that...

Back
Top Bottom