My 29 gallon Oceanic Biocibe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doug4701

Aquarium Advice Regular
I will try to keep this short... I bought a Biocube and know nothing about salt water tanks. However, I figure you have to start somewhere and the tank is a good start. So I intend on learning one step at a time.

What mistakes did you make getting started? What mistakes have you seen people make?

Don't move too fast! Research everything! Do water changes!

One big mistake I made was not buying the best equipment up front and have therefore had to upgrade which cost more money.
People love to put fish that have no business in small tanks in small tanks. They then wonder why ich broke out. That's a mistake that can be easily prevented by research

Yes I would say my lights were my biggest mistake! Get the right ones the first time:) I've have a tank for 3 months just installed my 3rd set of lights a couple weeks ago!

I def do not plan to put anything in a 29 gallon other than a couple of clowns if that. The cube comes with most everything. Have the right lights for it. I figure a cube is a safe place to start.

Is a protein skimmer necessary for a cube?

Back
Top Bottom