My 5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hii.. I'm new in this forum n new aquarist for marine tank.. I hv 5 gallon tank dat i set up for last 2months.. The problm now is my tank got no coralline algae even i already used kent marine supplement to increase the growth.. Anybody can gv me reasons why dis problm occur in my tank? And any comment about my tank dat i attched below.. If u hv any suggestion to increase the performance of my tank u r welcome.. Hope u can help me..Tq everyone..

Attachments

• image-3004725209.jpg
    image-3004725209.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 168
  • image-3135788458.jpg
    image-3135788458.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 220
  • image-2975890396.jpg
    image-2975890396.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 170
  • image-4291836421.jpg
    image-4291836421.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 184
  • image-1056927364.jpg
    image-1056927364.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 169
Coraline Algae has to be introduced for it to grow. Do you already have it in there?

Don't look like u have any in there to seed it..

I still have no coralline algae.. My tank looks unnatural.. It makes me feel worried if my tank is not in suitable condition..

Yup.. I got around 10pounds of live rock.. What should i do now to make my tank looks natural? I want coralline algae.. Huhss..

Well if the live rock u bought had the purple coraline on it then it should grow

If it's not already growing u might need to buy some smaller rubble that has it growing in it

U need to buy rubble rock with it on it then it will speard

What do u mean by rubble rock? Sorry i'm new fir this marine tank.. Huuu

Do you have any friends with sw tanks that you could scrape some coraline algae off the glass or even some rock.

Rock rubble is small pieces of rock that sometimes have coraline algae on it.

Your tanks looks good give it awhile and it will even look better.

I hv no freinds with salt water tank.. Should i buy some pounds of live rock dat consist of coralline algae or i just wait for a few months?

I have actually found snails with coraline algae growing on them you only need a little bit for it to take off.

U don't need pounds of rock just a little bit and it will take off

Coralline algae still not appear.. Huhsss.. Is there any effect if i'm not using metal halide or t5 light to grow coralline algae? I'm just using normal white light.. Answer me plz.. My tank look weird without coralline algae(looks not natural) even i already hv rubble rock and some of it that i get it when i bought lps coral.. Its not spread.. My tank already set up is about 3mnths..

Back
Top Bottom