My 90Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tomato clown will fight with him until one dies. I would keep one in the 30 and one in the 90. If you keep the 30 and 90 running at the same time.

Actually these two clowns have been together for over a year and get along great. They never fight and mater (as I call her) does not chase her. They stay together most of the time.

I have been looking at lighting and will be buying a fixture soon. I am on a budget, so I have been looking at the units on aquatraders.com. What do you guys think of the Odyssea units that have the 2-250watt MH, 4 T5's and the bluemoon LED bulbs. I do know they come with a cheeper bulb, but I could replace those with newer/better ones once I had time to save up some more money. I would love to go all LED, but just don't have enough money for that.

i would go with something that uses less electricity but puts out comparable PAR, like a t5 HO fixture. you can get one that's UL listed for the same money. moonlights are worthless IMO. they do nothing and you can't even see in the tank. if you have a 48" tank like a 75 or 90 you could use a 8 x 54 watt t5 ho that you can grow anything you want under and with the proper bulbs, your tank will look like a cartoon.

mr_X said:
i would go with something that uses less electricity but puts out comparable PAR, like a t5 HO fixture. you can get one that's UL listed for the same money. moonlights are worthless IMO. they do nothing and you can't even see in the tank. if you have a 48" tank like a 75 or 90 you could use a 8 x 54 watt t5 ho that you can grow anything you want under and with the proper bulbs, your tank will look like a cartoon.

My husband is really wanting a clam, like really bad. Would a T5 set up like that be enough for a clam? And the hard corals?

Thanks! Your tank looks great! I hope mine turns out pretty. I need to post some pics of my progress so far...just the tank and water for right now, and the rock that don't have corals on it, which is not many lol! Still looking on craigslist for a deal on rock. Found a couple deals but nothing definite.

kmirtsching said:
Thanks! Your tank looks great! I hope mine turns out pretty. I need to post some pics of my progress so far...just the tank and water for right now, and the rock that don't have corals on it, which is not many lol! Still looking on craigslist for a deal on rock. Found a couple deals but nothing definite.

Thanks. A lot of trial and error.

I finally found some rock to put in my tank. Its rock that a person on craigs list had who does tank maintaince for a living. Kinda cool that it came out of a carolina panther football player's house. Got 88lbs @ $2/lb! Score! Its mostly fiji rock too, with a few flat pieces of base rock @ $1.50/lb. I'm very excited!

Also got a star fish for the 30gal.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111127_004635.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111127_004635.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20111127_004724.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111127_004724.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 97
I took that pic last night...didn't realize how bad it was so I took some more this morning. You can actually see the rock.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111127_105757.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111127_105757.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20111127_105902.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111127_105902.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20111127_110026.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111127_110026.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 98
Ok guys, I was checking everyting out and found that my skimmer is producing a white creamy in texture skimmate? What would cause this? I have a marineland 300 skimmer.

maybe the new rock putting off some dust or something? btw, that rock appears to either be from someone's sump, or brand new rock. it does not look as though it's from an established reef tank (unless like i said, it's from the guys sump where it was void of light). have you checked your parameters recently?

Back
Top Bottom