My anemone is dying please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonocoombes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm very new to this hobby and am still learning a lot.. so any help would be great.. I have some corals doing really well where some seem to be dying.. my aquarium has been cycled for around 8 months now. Here are some pictures of my corals and aquarium many thanks in advance for any advice Image1489867256.477442.jpgImage1489867289.158699.jpg

Hard to tell without knowing much about the system. Parameters may be to play, but it looks like the lighting over the system is simply not strong enough to support things that require intensive lighting. The clove polyps that are thriving have low lighting requirements and are higher up in the tank.

Hard to tell without knowing much about the system. Parameters may be to play, but it looks like the lighting over the system is simply not strong enough to support things that require intensive lighting. The clove polyps that are thriving have low lighting requirements and are higher up in the tank.

Thank you! I have 4 t5 bulbs 2blue and two white. They come on at 12am and off at 10pm. Do you think I should change to led? Thanks

If it is simply T5 bulbs, then there is a need to upgrade lighting. Be it T5HO, MH, or intense LED units. The length of time in this case doesn't have much of an impact on the fact that a T5 unit won't provide enough light for a creature like photosynthetic anemone that require very intense lighting, let alone much else outside of soft coral and polyps.

If it is simply T5 bulbs, then there is a need to upgrade lighting. Be it T5HO, MH, or intense LED units. The length of time in this case doesn't have much of an impact on the fact that a T5 unit won't provide enough light for a creature like photosynthetic anemone that require very intense lighting, let alone much else outside of soft coral and polyps.

Ok thank you very much will invest in a new lighting set up! Much appriate your help

Back
Top Bottom