My cycle is coming along... I think???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltyfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, I have had my 55 up and running for a couple weeks now. I used new sand and some dry rock, adding live rock from my established tank little by little...... (dont want to take too much from my fish and shrimp I have) and a couple cups of sand from the established tank. I had been testing the water and only getting a reading on ammonia (.50ppm) and 0 for nitrate and nitrite. Tonight my test were ammonia (.50ppm) nitrite (.25ppm) and nitrate (5.0ppm) So things are coming along like they should right? I was just excited to see something other than zero on nitrite and nitrate (with hopes of the cycle starting) Any input or advise would be appreciated! Thanks!

BTW- even though I have an established tank, it was when I bought it (with fish and all).... so this cycling is still new to me and I want to get it right =)
Thanks!

Looking good so far. Just don't put any fish in there tell it is ready.

0 Ammonia
0 Nitrite
20 Nitrate or somewhere around there.

Thanks! It is a lot easier to be patient when you already have one up and running with fish, coral, ect. to look at. lol.

I'm currently cycling my 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank.(started cycling today lol) First Time SW but I've drowned myself in about 2 months of research. I find the best way to wait is to just keep doing research. Lol

-Dylan

I'm currently cycling my 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank.(started cycling today lol) First Time SW but I've drowned myself in about 2 months of research. I find the best way to wait is to just keep doing research. Lol

-Dylan

I thought about giving those a try. I have a 5 gallon set up that is empty.... but I have a 30 gal salt, the 55 gal salt that is cycling, plus a 26 gal bowfront freshwater.....up and running so I think I have enough to take care of for now... not to mention the cat and the dog (min-pin, very hyper) LOL.

Back
Top Bottom