my first post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeybuzz2006

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi this is my first post. i have a 55 gallon fowlr set up... With a domino damsel and small piccasso trigger (about 2 inches). Last week i went to the fish store to add 2 more tank mates. The owner suggested a Volitan lionfish, and a twinspot coris wrasse...both fish i like, so I bought both of them... Well a week later, and my lion wont eat anything i try to feed him (shrimp, clam, formula 1, Krill....) Also the wrasse finally cam out of the sand bed after a few days, to spark a war in my tank, the picasso chased him relentlesly for a few minutes until the wrasse hid again in the sand and i havent seen him since..... What should i do??? I called the store and they said give it some time and all will be fine. But I'mm thinking my only option is to set up another tank and divide the fish??? any advise????

Yes you might to separate some of them. Sounds like a fiesty crew there. Just remember that your LFS is there for one reason and thats to make money by selling to you. Do your reasearch and know what you need. Good Luck

You might have to buy some live shrimp for the lionfish. Liveaquaira.com has saltwater feeder shrimp for a decent price. I would start moving fish because your always going to have problems here i feel and will need a much bigger tank once they grow up.

A lot of aggressive fish you have there. Not all lfs people are out to help you, there are 2 in my area, one is very knowledgable and helpful and the other would tell me anything to get a sale. Research on your own and know what you are going to do. Good luck.

You're volitan will get too big for a 55. They usually need a much bigger tank than that. Also down the road you're looking at a very heavy bio-load for a tank of your size with those fish.

Thanks for the reply's....I'm gonna start my 150 gallon upgrade soon. So that I can better keep the fish I enjoy.....

Yeah I already took the Lion fish out....The trigger is next.....You know its funny because I will never even ask a question at the fish store now.....I mean I'm going to research every thing on line first

good lol. Half of the time they will try to sell you the most expensive thing or something they've been having a hard time getting rid of.

Like when this one person at petco told my cousin his tiger shovelnose catfish would do okay in his 10 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom