My First Tank in finally coming together!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moejoephd

Aquarium Advice Activist
My first tank is finally coming together here are some more pics 2 keep everyone updated :p i thinks its going to be a really nice tank!!!!! i just hope i dont manage to crack the glass :( i'd say ill need about another week intill i can take it home and fillerup I still have 2 put the canopy together

Looks great!! how big is the tank? What type of filtration did you decide to go with?

thanks!!!! the tanks bout 100gal 60x21x18, im going to go with the aquaclear 500 since i already have it bought and am going to get a fluval 301 canister to supplement everthing. I,ve also decided that im going to get some just some LR and LS but eventually, what i really want first is to get a clown and an anemone but buddy for him lol

tanks need to mature for a year for an anenome to have a chance to survive. But it is good to have a goal. design the system for what you want to keep.

I agree with darb...anenomes are difficult to keep and do not have a good survival record in captivity. They do best in mature tanks. I would wait at least a year before adding one to your system. Make sure you have plenty of LR, good water flow and the proper lighting to keep these animals. The good news is that you will have a year to research and prepair for it. A little off topic, just trying to save you some heart ache. Good luck...Lando

Beautiful Tank! Did you build it yourself? If you dont mind me asking what kind of money do you have in the tank, canopy, and stand? The look of your tank is exactly what I have in mind. :wink:

ahhh yea you know you guys got a good point about anenomes, and hey that gives me a full year to save some money!!!!! BTW revhtree im proud to say that i built it all by my lonesome, i paid 50 bucks to get the glass cut, i already had it laying around the shop so i saved there, figure about 300 dollars just for raw lumber, I used alder and 3/4 cabinet grade plywood. Your going to need a router with the routerbits to make the base trim, side trim, raised panel doors, dummy pannels, all the routerbits that i used on this tank would run about 300 dollars plus the price of a router, if i where to make another stand for someone i would probably charge about 1000 dollars, but if i wanted to milk it i could easly get 1500 for it considering all the solid wood, double base trim, theres alot of detail on this stand, i still have to add more to it lol. Lemme put it this way if you have already all the tools routerbits machines, probably 600 for the raw wood and glass if you get a good deal on it, then add all the labor staining and finishing 8O ive worked my butt off on this lol

I love it.. you've definitely got some talent there :wink:

I just finished building my stand from scratch and now I'm ready to build one right- after looking at yours. I guess I'll have to talk my wife into a putting up my 100 gallon so I can build a decent stand.

As far as anemones, some like a lot of light, others don't. Be sure to do your research and stay patient. My little rose bta are doing great and are still small. My pink bta doesn't like much light at all and hasn't looked very good since I got him, but he's hanging around and my clowns haven't given up.

just make sure to have lots of time lol :p i dont think ill be droping any anemones for a while in there need to finish building the thing first lol then i want to make sure i have a mature tank so i dont kill any animals

Back
Top Bottom