my first time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaczorowski

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i put in 2 dansels and the question i have is now what am i going to expect ? when should i do a water change or another water test please help if you guys can
p.s. when do i know when the cycle is complete it's been a month so far i know it takes 3 months just how will i know when its time for some coral or clams

I wouldn put coral in the tank right after the cycle.....just from what i herd, its better to wait a little....(anyone correct me if im wrong but I did read that in a thread before) and also...3 months for a cycle? I think thats a little long

well its bee about a month and a half and i just put the fish in today so i want to know when the alge will show and when to get some life in that bastard

The average cycle takes 4-6 weeks. Purchase a salt water master test kit, or take your water to your LFS and test your perams. If all looks good then your cycle is most likely complete.

As for adding coral, just like GoodFish said, wait a while. Most people say 6 months to a year to let your tank establsih very well. I wated 4 months before I added anything.

Just remember to have patients!

also, you should read a lot!! maybe get the marine aquarist by robert fenner...highly recommended by many people here at AA

good luck,
Ant

Back
Top Bottom