My Intro...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhishPhanNewbie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello and greetings from sunny Florida. My name is Dennisse and a newbie to this amazing hobby. Here's my story...

My husband grew up owning fresh water fish tanks and decided he wanted to go back into the hobby. Recently he purchased a huge tank (220 gallon) I told him the only way he could keep that huge thing in my house is to make it a salt water. He agreed. Since his purchase we have visited a lot of stores and most recently one in central florida called Sea In The City. I absolutely fell in LOVE with their coral / reef tanks and the smaller fish. I got a really good deal on a used tank yesterday and decided to start my own. I've gotten very mixed information so decided that a site like this would help point me in the right direction.

So...I have a 25 gallon bow front fish tank and yesterday I purchased CaribSea's Ready Water and Live Sand.

My question to the fish folk people ;) would be this....do I need a protein skimmer and where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Dennisse

Welcome Dennisse! Any chance of a 55g instead. A 25 is fine, but more water means more forgiving of errors. Read thru our SW articles section and see if there's stuff there that can help you also. Gotta decide first if you want fish only or a combination of fish and reef/corals.

And again, welcome to AA!! :) :)

PhishPhanNewbie said:
Hello and greetings from sunny Florida. My name is Dennisse and a newbie to this amazing hobby. Here's my story...

My husband grew up owning fresh water fish tanks and decided he wanted to go back into the hobby. Recently he purchased a huge tank (220 gallon) I told him the only way he could keep that huge thing in my house is to make it a salt water. He agreed. Since his purchase we have visited a lot of stores and most recently one in central florida called Sea In The City. I absolutely fell in LOVE with their coral / reef tanks and the smaller fish. I got a really good deal on a used tank yesterday and decided to start my own. I've gotten very mixed information so decided that a site like this would help point me in the right direction.

So...I have a 25 gallon bow front fish tank and yesterday I purchased CaribSea's Ready Water and Live Sand.

My question to the fish folk people ;) would be this....do I need a protein skimmer and where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Dennisse

Where in central florida are u? I've had a heck of a time finding a good fish store. Im in between orlando and daytona. In deltona.

welcometoaa.gif

Keep reading the articles. It's easy to jump in, but better to go slow. See my sig for some important links.

Thanks for the welcomes :)
@Carey I live west of Orlando and have visited quite a few stores in Central Florida. The most reasonable we've been to is Sea Life in Apopka. The owners name is Marie and she's been in the industry for over 30 years. She's very knowledgable and reasonable with her prices. Today we visisted a store in kissimmee called Open Oceans and we've also visited Sea In The City and World Wide Corals.

Back
Top Bottom