My light is broken how quickly do I need to replace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnnieT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, hope you can help.

Got my first clown fish on Wednesday after finally completing the cycling process.

I have an LED intelligent light which is not working properly and I'm currently trying to return it to the ebay shop I bought it from to get a replacement.

My Q is how quickly do I need to get light back to the aquarium? How is my fish being affected without proper lighting?

He has been swimming around quite happily since we brought him home but has spent all of today (is now lunchtime where I am) hiding behind my heater only coming out occasionally. He did eat this morning and all my levels are ok.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Fish don't need lights. While it's usually best to have them on a schedule of some sort, if you don't have corals or anything that requires light, the fish will be fine. Really, in a fish only or FOWLR, the lights are just so you can see the fish. If you don't have the tank in a dark basement or closet, the ambient light from the room will be sufficient.

Phew!
Thanks so much for quick reply. Good to know I can wait for a replacement light. Wasn't wanting to rush out and buy one if I didn't have to!

Back
Top Bottom