my new 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4enzix

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi all. i currently am cyclin my second SW ten gallon tank. im just wondering what some cool ideas would be to stock the tank with. personally im really into the shrimp and im wondering how many in a 10 gallon would be too many? and what kinds would be cool to keep? and perhaps what kind of fish would be cool to do... since i can only really put two more or less what would be cool... perhaps some fish that are a little more aggressive that i couldnt put in with my peaceful 32 gal? im not sure... im just looking for ideas i still have another week or two to cycle depending on how it goes.

thanks guys

Sounds like you are well on your way to a nano-reef. Put in 15 to 20 lbs of LR and start a small reef tank. You wll not be able to keep many fish (one or two small ones) but lots of corals and inverts would be cool. Sounds like a fun project.

I would skip the fish in a 10 gal, personally.. an invert tank would be cool though. Just be sure to keep the salinity super-steady.

i dont plan to do much with fish, maybe a clown goby and something small if at all... if i was to do an invert tank how many shrimp could i fit into a 10 gal?

In a ten gal. I would stick to a couple. Maybe a pistol shrimp for your goby and a couple of cleaners or peppermints.

how about sexy shrimp? and if i do 20lbs of LR do i need any other filtration or aeration? what are some other inverts that would add life to the tank?

In my 10 I have a small clown which hosts my zoos which is really cool. I had a pep. but moved him to my 55 because he was to big and "aggressive" but he was cool because when I would feed flake he would go and flip over on the top of the water trying to grab food it was so funny. I also had a cleaner shrimp which died about 3 days after I got him I think it was because he was to big but who knows.

Try a google search on nano reefs.. that should give you some ideas or atleast lead you to a more specialized site.

Back
Top Bottom