My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's amazing how over 100 lbs of Rock looks like squat in this tank. Lmao

LOL I have a shot at a nice 125 but that is one of the things holding me back. First there is more rock, then new sand, then better lights, then, then, then, then, Oh well. One of these days.

its the same with mr.Xs 265 he has over 200 lbs and it looks liek next to nothing.

PS: Golfs are better then Jettas :p or in my case GTIs

LOL But for a starving college student, price rules. Besides, she wanted to name it Joan Jetta. LOL At least she didn't ask how many cup holders it had when we test drove it. :)

is it brand new? the jettas used to be more expensive then the golfs, but with the 6th generation they completly redeigned everything so its almost nothing liek the golfs anymore

where is your other rock coming from? dry or live?

golfs are nice jetta tdi hard to beat. yeah im sure you could get the tdi in the golf too. either way black and modest chrome is the way to go... well my taste anyway.

I'm seriously debating taking a trip to the island and getting some limestone that's left over from the wall projects near the bridge. Then I'll let it sit in my tub for a month with a power head. Lol. Think it would work???

as long as its clean and porous right? we got the densest bolder of a rock for our first piece of lr. we have since gotten better rock and now its a yard ornament.

Hmm. I've been searching Craigslist. Picking up 40 lbs of dry rock for 15$. But other than that- they either want 5$ a lb or aren't selling their tanks and stock separately. The wall projects (water walls for the gulf) has some nice rock. My husband dives out there and there's always some form of growth on it. I'm still debating though. Can't beat free! Lol

The picture sucks cause my blue LEDs are on.

View attachment 57965

Set up so far.

My buddy is coming over to do his magic on my rockwork. The man can create a cave system that makes the mammoth caves look like armature work. Lol

SleepsWithFish said:
That's awsome! It would be cool if you did a slope on either side of the tank and had the middle area the sand bank or whatever.

How about a 1968 Volkswagen bus?
Lol jk.

Lmao. Nah. I'm just too broke now to buy 300lbs of live rock. Figure I'll be taking my time adding to the two sides until they meet in the middle!

Back
Top Bottom