My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlsardina

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well. Thanks to Craigslist- I was able to afford a much bigger tank! It's gonna need some cleaning up- but it will be worth it!
I need to raise the stand about 12 inches- maybe build a new canopy and clean up some sand. I bought the tank for 600$ with the stand and canopy. Plus a refugium- but my current refugium is much larger so when I sell the 90 gal I'll keep that one and sell this one that came with the 220. I was able to purchase 150 lbs of sand from my LFS for 40$ (used) and I need to rinse it well. Will do the same with the sand from the 90 before transferring it over.

Here's a pic of the tank filled with water so I can clean it up in the morning. I figured I'd let it soak overnight to soften everything up.

View attachment 57350

View attachment 57351

Here's the stand and most of the stuff that came with the purchase...

View attachment 57352

And here's the canopy. My buddy hijacked some lights since I'm just going to use my leds.

View attachment 57353

My husband wants it set up by Sunday. I have my work cut out for me!!!

:) thats the size tank i want eitehr that or if i can find one an 96"x24"x24" although i would liek a DSP so slightly taller then 24" is idle

Lol. Nice. This one is 29" high. I'm going to need a snorkel mask to clean the bottom!

lol not if you do a 4-5 inch deepsand bed, although that may be expensive but at the end of it all your system will benifit from the nitrate reductions once its fully established

It wouldn't be too expensive. They still have about 4-500 lbs of sand at my LFS. I just have to clean it. It's 20 cents a pound.

thats cheap, just take your time cleanign it and do it in bits at a time so you can get any garbage out

What's the best way to clean it? I got a tarp today to line my tub do I don't lose any in the process.

Congrats on the monster. I have one myself I have been working on. Takes up most my living room wall. But well worth it once it's all up and running.

Thanks. It's actually going in my living room set up tight with my table. It's going to be replacing my 90 gal tank that is there now. The 220 is about 15 inches longer than my 90 it will look amazing!

I used mostly dry rock with mine. Made the building very easy. Ended up with 170lbs of dry. 40lbs of live. And 200lbs of live sand. But I got lucky and found to huge 65 lb pieces to build off of. Lol.

Attachments

• image-3363391154.jpg
    image-3363391154.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 452
I already have 100 lbs of live rock moving over. Thinking about picking up some rock from the leftover bridgework on the island. Lol

Back
Top Bottom