My tank it's up and running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This are the new results my ammonia is going down when it gets lower or to 0 I'll be posting the results of the other tests

Attachments

• IMG_20190709_104403.jpg
    IMG_20190709_104403.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20190709_104412.jpg
    IMG_20190709_104412.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20190709_104421.jpg
    IMG_20190709_104421.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 87
You will need to add an ammonia source still. The die off in the tank won't be enough to cycle it.
As for the powerheads, the ones you mentioned are good for the price.

If budget is no option MP10 would be great. If budget is an option is look at Jebao.

Where would you place the powerhead in the biocube Bellow the return or on the left side front side of the tank (kitty corner) the pump bein mid to bottom facing up in the middle of the tank or straight ahead, also what if I want sea horses

You don't want to use fish food to cycle the tank. The amount of phosphates in them is terribly high and will lead to algae issues once you are up and running.

As for if you want sea horses, they are very specialized and difficult fish to keep. They don't do well in systems with much flow in them at all. This also leads to issues with parameters as they usually run basic trickle filters to keep the flow down as well.

That was just a thought I seen them for cheap the other day at the lfs and they called my attention, what about the pump placement marked some X's where I was thinking on putting them

Attachments

• 857621744.jpg
    857621744.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 80
I would put one low in the back and one on the opposite side high and angled a little towards the surface

That should work great, you may want to stick a korilia 240 behind the scape still just to ensure nothing collects back there, but the gyre might be enough, just keep an eye on it. Jaebo makes some nice adjustable pumps for an affordable price too

Nice, I’ve never tried them. I got out of the hobby right about the time the maxspect version was first getting ready to come out

This cost me about 130 but with this I can use one or 2 propellers I can do pretty much everything I need with this since I can select the strength and other wise I was gonna have to get 2 and pay 40 a piece and the koralia controller thing came out cheaper this way

I'm tryin to keep acans pulsing Xenia some zoa's some brain some isolated gsp and a red or blue antlers looking coral maybe a strawberry clam or small clam

Question is how do I know if I have too much flow for my coral
Each coral is different. Your rock obviously affects your flow as well. I can tell you that the ice cap should be more than enough. Once you set up the ice cap play with the placement and set the flow you THINK you will like. If possible try to plan ahead on what corals you want. Figure out there flow and par needs. Try and figure out ahead of time where you want them in your tank. You'll still have to adjust flow. It can take months to get par and flow dialed in for some reefers. My current build is on month 5 and I just now feel like I got it right. Nothing happens fast in a reef tank.

I'm tryin to keep acans pulsing Xenia some zoa's some brain some isolated gsp and a red or blue antlers looking coral maybe a strawberry clam or small clam

What are you using for lighting? The stock lights won’t support sps or a clam

Each coral is different. Your rock obviously affects your flow as well. I can tell you that the ice cap should be more than enough. Once you set up the ice cap play with the placement and set the flow you THINK you will like. If possible try to plan ahead on what corals you want. Figure out there flow and par needs. Try and figure out ahead of time where you want them in your tank. You'll still have to adjust flow. It can take months to get par and flow dialed in for some reefers. My current build is on month 5 and I just now feel like I got it right. Nothing happens fast in a reef tank.
I mainly wan to keep some acans some zoas some gsp some Xenia’s and one of those blue o red cactus looking coral and for that one I know they need high flow high light so I got a spot for it from the moment I was setting my tank

What are you using for lighting? The stock lights won’t support sps or a clam
I’m using led’s the ones that came with the Biocube the spot I have set up for the it’s between 3-4 inches from the light

Back
Top Bottom