My tank it's up and running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might work then, but I remember those stock lights to be pretty weak, but maybe they’ve upgraded them over the years

Yeah that's what everyone said that they did upgrade it they are led reef ready the box says and even coralife said that out the box you can grow pretty much everything just have to place it in the right spot, I called the place b4 I made my decision on goin biocube

I’d still avoid the clam, and if you plan on having sps on the top portion make sure that’s where the flow is strongest as well

And this is with the fish still in the tank? If so, then water changes to bring those nitrates to 0 and it'll be time to add your first fish, but that's awfully quick for a cycle.

And this is with the fish still in the tank? If so, then water changes to bring those nitrates to 0 and it'll be time to add your first fish, but that's awfully quick for a cycle.

One thing that the lfs gave me was this instant ocean bio-spira and a small bottle of fritz turbo start 900 after I added those I did the first piece of fish

Did one last night of 5 gallons tested this morning and it was almost gone so did another 5 gallons and by noon I had 0

What do you mean “by noon it was 0”, nitrate doesn’t “go” anywhere. A couple 5g wcs is only going to drop nitrate by about 25% so that kind of confuses me.

Well this is what I got a platinum ocellaris clownfish and a midnight ocellaris and I got some coral o e Is a gsp that u see it's all most all the way open and the other one is some kind either white or purple center star polyps will post that when they look good

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_191157.jpg
    IMG_20190714_191157.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 53
  • received_644337159397563.jpg
    received_644337159397563.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 65
  • 15631531899822633675357502146530.jpg
    15631531899822633675357502146530.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 53
What do you mean “by noon it was 0”, nitrate doesn’t “go” anywhere. A couple 5g wcs is only going to drop nitrate by about 25% so that kind of confuses me.

I did a 5 gallon change at night tested as soon as the lights came on then notice that the trates were almost done so I did another 5 and didn't test till noon that day

Nice you can't go wrong with GSP. Typically a fast grower will grow other other corals so keep that in mind with your placement. One of my favorites.

Nice you can't go wrong with GSP. Typically a fast grower will grow other other corals so keep that in mind with your placement. One of my favorites.

Yes that's why I have it isolated in the front my goal is to grow it like carpet kind of in the middle of the sand then the back glass, how long does it take to fully get bright like at the lfs

The “brightness” of the coral depends on the color temperature of the lights. The bluer the lighting the more the colors will pop.

Back
Top Bottom