My trio is now a duo...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
It has been about 3 weeks now. SO the death of one of my Chromis is a surprise. I have been alternating wc 50% and then 25%.I feed them every other day and I tested the water,after my hubby fished the poor little guy out, and ammonia and trite are 0 ppm and trate was between 10 and 20 ppm. I also tested my SG and it 20% or just bellow 1.020. The only thing that was strange was his head had some black coloration to it. My hubby surmised that is darted across the tank and got stuck between the side of the tank and the heater and cooked. I found him on the bottom near the heater and the sponge filter. My hubby suggested replacing it now but I think I should wait until I am done qt the duo and then get a new fish or another reboot was also the smallest of the three. I wanted to have about 5 Chromis total. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Chromis are notorious for this sort of thing . You buy a few and they knock each other off one by one. I have heard that story several times and have not heard many that end on a happy note where they all live as one big happy family. I'm not sure why it works for some people and not for others. The Blue Chromis supposedly do better than the Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom