my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh I do have a question for everyone though. I've gotten rather used to not havin any heaters exposed in my dt. So could I place my heaters in the overflows? One in each obviously. That way they'd be out of site but still effective. Can't run them in my refugium, suction cups dot like the rubbermaid containers:(

Ohh I do have a question for everyone though. I've gotten rather used to not havin any heaters exposed in my dt. So could I place my heaters in the overflows? One in each obviously. That way they'd be out of site but still effective. Can't run them in my refugium, suction cups dot like the rubbermaid containers:(

smart idea. clever.

huma-huma said:

Get the magnetic clip holders,they would work even in your rubbermaid containers.

monitor it though, because the water may be moving too fast there, yes you probably can, but if the water is moving fast enough you may have to turn them up to keep them at desired temp.

But wouldn't the flowrate be the same in the refugium? And do they sell magnetic clip holders for the stealths?

huma-huma said:
But wouldn't the flowrate be the same in the refugium? And do they sell magnetic clip holders for the stealths?

The mag clip holders can be used on any heater.See at DrsFosterandSmith. Just place the heater horizontal in your refg,of course below the normal water line.Get two of the clips.

Ricksreef said:
The mag clip holders can be used on any heater.See at DrsFosterandSmith. Just place the heater horizontal in your refg,of course below the normal water line.Get two of the clips.

Thank you sir:) guess I have a legitimate reason to order my last two fish now... need mag clips for my heater because its gettig cold out here

294290_203094833091672_100001734711521_518503_1863583335_n.jpg

311796_203094533091702_100001734711521_518502_758870422_n.jpg

Hahaha:) well this post is gonna be a long one...sorry ahead of time. Today was maintainence mondays!! Did a 20g pwc on the 125.. the grates were at about 10 beforehand...dang good for going roughly 10 days I believe. Also picked up a 250w aqueon pro heater for a steal at petsmart, so i rehomed both heaters to the overflows, one each respectively. Also cleaned the filter floss in the emperor penguin.Did a 3-4g pwc on my sons 10g guppy tank(along with filter wash) and a 5g pwc on our 20l in the bedroom. Took he lady and son to wet pets to try and cheer him up a bit (he's sick:( ) ended up leaving with a longnose butterfly I believe... im gonna upload a few pics in a bit, if im wron on the name please correct me...also did see the worker feed him mysis shrimp and wow he tore it up lol I think that's it for now

Thank you:) not looking so good right this moment. The powder brown tang wont leave him alone and the new fish is dead set on seeing how close he can get to the lionfish before the lion moves.... its gonna be a long night

Back
Top Bottom