my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah- and they can get really big as well. My LFS has one that is about 6-8 inches in diameter (just the body) that another customer brought in because it started eating her corals :(

I have long spine urchins. They are a great clean up crew. I have em in my reef tank and everyone stays clear from them. They are $20 on live aquaria. They are fun to watch- when a fish may get to close- the Ls urchin points all it's quills directly at tue fish and the fish usually turns away. Just a warning though- if they sting you- it kinda feels like a bee sting

have you personally been stung?

weve got one and ive wondered just how bad it could be.

Not me personally. A guy at tye LFS said he had. I just try to stay at tue opposite end of the tank as a precaution. Lol. Oh yeah, and make sure the lights are on so I can see him because my tank has a black background

Clumsy me would get stung the very first day, and every single day after that...

Unicorn said:
Clumsy me would get stung the very first day, and every single day after that...

Lol. That's my luck too. That's why lights must be on and I am at the other end of the tank!

huma-huma said:
Im also going to see if my buddy at the lfs will give me some macro algae (hopefully)

PM me ur address... Got calerpa, just pay shipping...

that would be amazing :) going to pm you after this.
do need some help id'ing this algae.... ive attempted several times to physically remove it...only to watch it spread even quicker...
321532_211996108868211_100001734711521_546764_204971624_n.jpg

huma-huma said:
do need some help id'ing this algae.... ive attempted several times to physically remove it...only to watch it spread even quicker...

GHA??? U try to id it off reefcleaner?

huma-huma said:

That looks like early cyanobacteria.

Ah yes that autocorrect will attack any time youre not paying attention... Which has led to hilariousness via ****youautocorrect.com

Yea cyano is stringy a good med I used was red cyano by blue vet. But first I removed as much cyano as possible then it was gone after 2 days

Welp Ive pretty much cut my white lighting back about 75% for the past few days... seems to be somewhat working. Kio was generous and kind enough to spare some caulerpa (thank you kind sir) so hopefully I can get this nasty looking stuff fully under control. Now going to work on my stand until I have to leave for work... (I know I know....I lost all motivation and haven't touched it in awhile)

Back
Top Bottom