Mysis shrimp stuck on filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dbrown4u

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just started feeding my fish mysis shrimp every couple days because I heard thru are more nutritious than brine, but it seems like it's all getting stuck to the filter. Any ideas or things that have worked for you for this problem?

Id like to know too. I've wondered if I should let them sit in some water first. Maybe someone else knows.

Yea, I feel like it's a waste of money, my fish don't get to eat much of it and I have to clean it off all the time

What I do is take a chunk of it frozen and set it on my powerhead as it thaws it will b pushed out a little at a time giving more time for ur fish to eat it rather then ending up on ur filters

i turn off my flow when i feed. Gives the fish a fighting chance and then when the flow goes back on theres another whole round of buffet time for them. I don't get as much waste this way and my fish seem to apprecaite it, they get to eat twice off the same food. LOL

Turn off filter. Pour shrimp in slowly. Fish will eat it quickly. Then when fish are done turn filter back on.

Okay, thanks everyone, I'll let you know how it goes later and hopefully my fish will be a little happier

So turning the pump off is working pretty well and the fish seem to love the mysis shrimp lol but how long can I keep I off without harming the fish?

What i have found that works best for me is to run fresh water over mysis in a brine shrimp net, you don't want that liquid that they are frozen in in your water, then after thawed and rinsed turn off your filters and use a turkey baster to shoot the mysis where you want them. only feed what your fish can eat in ten minutes or so and then turn your filters back on.

Back
Top Bottom