Nano-reef setup question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iv efound live rock on ebay for 1.99-2.25 a pound. only 15 shipped. i paid 35 for 10 lbs lr shipped recently. jsut look for "fully cured" lr on ebay, itll come up.

Live rock is the biological filtration (turns ammonia into nitrite into nitrate) carbon has other uses. It's good for removing impurities and clearing the water, I use both, I don't know if most people use both or not.

i would say yes. plan on 1.5 - 2 lbs per gal. you can put other media in the mechanical filter, such as poly-filters or carbon. just make sure you keep up with the maintenence.

so maybe 2 bags of carbon on one side (is that overkill?) and live rock on the other side of the filter?

so maybe 2 bags of carbon on one side (is that overkill?) and live rock on the other side of the filter?

i just got a fluval with ceramic blocks and carbon, theres 3 trays i have the bottom with carbon, the middle with ceramic blocks, and top 1 empty could i put lr rubble in their?, cause i still got about 15 lbs of lr in my closet that couldnt fit in my tank i could bust into rubble

Back
Top Bottom