Need advice from closed loop pro's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bong barang

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone
A SMALL STORY
I'm new to this forum but had marine tanks a few years back and just caught the bug again so i just purchased a 70 gallon marine tank [ 36L X 24W X 18H i love this footprint] plug and play.(Live rock,sand,4 clowns,wrasse,crabs..
Anyway all of this is transfered into a holding tank i had already while i drill the main tank in question.
I seen a few closed loop tanks and i'm looking for suggestion of where to drill all holes or just for CLOSED LOOP .
I am only going to drill the backplate only, both sides are visible for viewing.
[this could be changed }To start off for overflow box i will drill a 2 1/2 inch hole in centre of tank [drain to sump], 2 returns[ from sump] will be 1 1/2 inch top left, right corners.
THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP
CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM Now i have 3 more bulkhead fitting's for 1 1/2 hole 1 for drain and 2 for returns. NO PUMP PURCHASED YET
The rear plate is 18inch high and 36 inch long
Pic's would be great if possible.
Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Why not just buy a vortech and call it a day? Sounds like a lot of holes and work when a single mp40 would do just as good, if not better job.

Going forward

Hello all, decided to go forward
first pic, hole spacing.
2nd pic, starting to drill waiting for battery haha
3rd pic, sump overflow box hole and outside returns drilled.
4th pic, vinyl on back and bottom and all bulkheads installed .
Hoping to plumb this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_6680[1].jpg
    IMG_6680[1].jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6711[1].jpg
    IMG_6711[1].jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6740[1].jpg
    IMG_6740[1].jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6748[1].jpg