need advice on corals/fish compatibility plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey everyone! my B-Day is coming up (month from today!) so im trying to figure out what to do w/ the money i get. I was thinking about either a filamented flasher wrasse or a banded possum wrasse, but it says they like to jump out and i dont have/want a canopy. What do ya think? was also thinking either a neon blue or a hector goby. maybe a pair of true perc clown fish (are they much harder to keep than the falso percs?). Any suggestions on other fish i might want to check out? im mostly looking for color and personality.

Im also going to be getting my first corals. would these be good corals to start out w/ having 110 watts pc in a 35 gallon tank?

thank you very much
ross

rossv said:
What do ya think? was also thinking either a neon blue or a hector goby. maybe a pair of true perc clown fish (are they much harder to keep than the falso percs?). Any suggestions on other fish i might want to check out? im mostly looking for color and personality.

My vote is for one clown. I've had both types of clowns and either is pretty hardy. I would suggest a TR Ocellaris though...a little more $, but very hardy and less impact on the wild reefs. I wouldn't add more than one fish at a time to a tank that size.

Im also going to be getting my first corals. would these be good corals to start out w/ having 110 watts pc in a 35 gallon tank?

What kind of corals are you looking at? For starters, I'd go with any of the following:
Cladiella (colt)
Finger Leather (sinularia)
Toadstool (sarcophyton)
Mushrooms (discosoma)
Green Star Poylps (pachyclavularia)
Yellow Polyps (parazoanthus)
Any of these should do well for you.

Back
Top Bottom