Need advice on new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had my heart set on the new shallow reef systems by Innovative Marine, until i saw there filtration system (not the same as the other IM's.) and hefty price tag. Not worth $2K for an 80 gallon at all. I was thinking of Deep Blue's 80 shallow edge tank with a custom 40" tall stand. I know a lot of people have them. How are they? How's the glass and the bulk heads? My only real concern is the lack of a lid. What kind of custom tops are out there?

The other option is a Elos system 120. I know they go for around $4K, but are they worth the price tag?

Craig'slist. Somebody probably already bought one and is already getting out of the hobby. their loss is your gain! 1/2 to 1/3 the price is all you'll have to pay.

I seriously doubt that you will find tanks like those on craigslist.

There aren't very many people that use those particular tanks so I'm not sure if you are going to get a definitive answer on that. If you are willing to spend that kind of money on a tank then I would suggest that you get one custom built. You will be able to choose your own dimensions for it as well as customize it to fit your needs / wants.

Where can I get it customized? I hear mixed things about glass cages. I want need to tell Elos something today. I just rather keep the total cost under $3K for an 80 gallon or bigger

Back
Top Bottom