Need Help ASAP !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hawaii50

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I hade a filter tube brake on my fluval 404 and lost about 15 gals of a 55gal tank before I heard it leaking "what a mess". I have made new saltwater and refilled tank. Heated to same temp as tank water. But now my Yellow Tang has a solid white line in the center of him. I am not sure he will make it. Any idea what that line might be? Also should I leave the lights off to reduce stress? Thanks

sometimes when fish are stressed they change colors. Ive seen yellow tangs have white lines in them at night and when they are stressed. If he's eating and seems happy i wouldnt worry. JC

The line is quite common, probably just a sign of stress, that it is lightening in color enough to see it. You should also see it if you flashlight the fish after the lights are out. It's way to early to worry.

Well it doesnt look good he is floating somewheat and not really swimming. I'll wait till morning to see what happens.

Sorry to hear that hawaii 8O
My yellow tang in which i just purchased also has the white strip on his sides, but is going away i think it may be because of stress for sure JMO. IM going to research them a little more and make sure.

gooyferret said:
My yellow tang in which i just purchased also has the white strip on his sides, but is going away i think it may be because of stress for sure JMO. IM going to research them a little more and make sure.

As previously stated, the white stripes on the side of the yellow tang are normal and part or the anatomy itself. It becomes less evident as the tang gains weight. When stressed, freightened, underweight or after lights out; the "bones" tend to show through more easily. It will never completely be gone from view though.

Cheers
Steve

He was only 2 days old and had eaten earlier in the day. I don't really know what happened. Maybe the stress of the new water?

Well my main tank lost 15gal and I never reomved him from there just added back slowly the new salt water. I made it the same temp and same salinty so maybe the whole ordeal was to much. My linka and clown are fine. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom