Originally Posted by Jonathan G.
told me that i don't need to do that cause the bacteria is already on the rock that i put in
That is a very subjective opinion I see conveyed by many. Personally I disagree with it for the most part. LR
is typically kept seperate and has no nutrient to fuel it after the die off process is complete. If there is no ammonia source, the bacteria that was there quickly dies back. Adding well cured rock to an established tank is one thing, adding it to a newly set up tank is quite another.
I think you'll find that your tank does not have suffiecient levels of bacteria to deal with waste producing animals. I could very well be wrong but time will tell. Be sure you are testing for nitrites, if you end up with those after a few more days, the rock no larger has enough bacteria and the tank is actually just starting it's cycle.