NEED HELP FAST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshsReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just recieved my 90 pounds of lr for my 75 gallon tank. i just got all the rock in a tank on a bare bottom (as i am going to cycle) i looked for bristleworms and mantis shrimp and have seen none. however i have noticed this small worm no more than two tenths of an inch to a quarter inch that is all white with sometimes a small black spot on them. i have been tryin to remove them before i turn my powerheads, filter, and skimmer on. should i be removing them? are they harmful? or just let them go?

By the way they all seem to be floating up toward the top of tank

Thanks a million

it took about 3 days for a mantis shrimp to show up in my new tank, and I just happened to see him dart across an opening. and he diddnt come out untill I put food in the tank to start my cycle

Thanks for the link to that page ( I was looking for a page like that) They really dont look like anything on there, they are merely very tiny white worms and i removed many of them but they just keep floating up to the top of the tank.

I really wouldn't worry about stuff you see right now. Even if you remove everything you see, there's TONS of things you don't see, so it's kind of pointless! I've had my tank up for almost a year, and I'm STILL seeing things for the first time. While I'd be vigilant for mantis shrimp, I think it's pretty rare to get them as hitchikers. Well... unless you're ct67_72!

Back
Top Bottom