Need help with coral problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bsnow0410

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so there's these centipede looking things on my corals and I don't think they're good for them because there not opening can Anybody help?

My zoas are only opening up half way now. For the past week they have been fine and then yesterday all the little tentacle things on the outside of each zoa was sucked in..now they are only half open

My frogspawn, gsp, and pineapple tree are all good though

yea post a picture so i can get a better idea of what they are

Personally I think you just need to slow down. You started this tank on 1 march and in 7 weeks you have cycled it with all new rocks, added at least 4 fish, including a tang and a fair amount of corals. You have a serious issue with diatoms or yellow cyano type bacteria. When your first corals died you suspected it was possibly due to water quality issues, which leads me to believe you have known water quality issues.
Starting a new system right from scratch as you have is how I will start my next tank, but it is the slowest way to start. 6 weeks of cycling before the first fish goes in. IMO you need to slow down. No new additions except perhaps some more cuc. Get the bacteria issue in hand. Let your tank stabilize a few months then start spending more money in corals.

Back
Top Bottom