Need help with picking fish for a 40 breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Racerx094

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my first saltwater tank it's a 40 breeder that will be a reef tank I know I want two clowns but can't decide what other fish I'd like to put in there does anybody have any suggestions for a tank the size for a beginner

Attachments

• image-1416497006.jpg
    image-1416497006.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1181485305.jpg
    image-1181485305.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 73
Flasher wrasse
Royal gramma
Bangaii cardinal
Orange striped cardinal
6 line wrasse
Yellow watchman goby
Midas blenny
B&w clowns
Red Firefish
Purple firefish
Orange striped prawn goby...

Clowns (may cause agression)
Royal gramma
Bangaii cardnal
Pajama cardnal
Yellow watchman goby
Scissortail dartfish
Midas blenny
Flame angel (if its not a reef)
Six line wrasse
Flasher wrasse
Bicolor blenny
Fire fish
Purple fire fish
Dottyback

Lol i hope my list and gboys list dont have all the same fish!

Thanks guys the clowns are a must my 2 year old son would kill me if I didn't get a nemo

Lol is it okay to just get one clown? Or maybe a black one and a regular orange one to reduce agression/ get one that is larger then the other.

I guess one would be fine I thought it was best to get two of the same and not mix them

A tank that size personally id stick to gobies and dartfish with your clown they all stay fairly small and are very peaceful

Mrc8858 said:
A tank that size personally id stick to gobies and dartfish with your clown they all stay fairly small and are very peaceful

There are many more options than just gobies and dartfish. Small wrasse, cardinals, blennys, dwarf angels for a FOLWR...

I have one more question I have two sets of powerheads jbj 500's and hydor 875's witch ones would you recommend

Gboy66 said:
There are many more options than just gobies and dartfish. Small wrasse, cardinals, blennys, dwarf angels for a FOLWR...

I know I'm just saying what I would do but he did say this is a future reef tank also.. I just like that you can get almost any look with the 2 I stated although wrasse do come in quite the variety too

If you get a wrasse of any kind and the dart fish make sure you have some kind of cover for the top they will jump. Lost my Lubbuck and cleaner wrasse to carpet surfing as they say.

Mrc8858 said:
I know I'm just saying what I would do but he did say this is a future reef tank also.. I just like that you can get almost any look with the 2 I stated although wrasse do come in quite the variety too

Oh i gottcha, you would do darts and gobys PERSONALY. :p

mwilliams said:
If you get a wrasse of any kind and the dart fish make sure you have some kind of cover for the top they will jump. Lost my Lubbuck and cleaner wrasse to carpet surfing as they say.

I'll keep that in mind I only have the glass top on the front of the tank

don't use glass top not sure but check the DiY section for making a screen cover/top for the tank.

mwilliams said:
don't use glass top not sure but check the DiY section for making a screen cover/top for the tank.

The glass top is only temporary until I build my canopy because my moonlight sits on top of it

mwilliams said:

Whats so bad about glass tops..?

Back
Top Bottom