Need Help with Purchasing BioCube (used)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have never looked at a SW tank setup before, but I found a really good deal. Here is the description:

Hi! I am selling this cool little saltwater (can be used for fresh water as well) fish tank. It is an Oceanic BioCube model and it's water capacity is 29 gallons. It's really cool because the filtration/circulation system is pretty much all built in and it has a nice cover with a lighting system built in as well. This makes it very sleek, organized and easy to maintain! It would be a great starter saltwater tank for someone interested in trying to raise saltwater fish and creatures. It is pretty compact and very light making it easy to move around. It comes with everything for the main light and filtration system: Hood top with double 36 watt Coralife bulbs, probably 30 or 40 bio-balls for the wet/dry filtration, power head with tubes for connection, saltwater hydrometer, heater, thermometer, lots of fish food, a little charcoal, and more! I gotta get rid of this since I have no more room in my place so make me an offer or feel free to ask call me and ask questions!

All of this for $75. When I go look at the tank in 18 hours, do you guys have any recommendations for questions I should be asking? I mainly know about FW tanks, but I can't pass on this deal!

Just make sure you give the tank and equipment a thorough exam, just an example but if he damaged the tank itself in some way, you wanna be able to catch it before giving him money and leaving with it. I always investigate as to why someones parting with a tank. Once home, I'd simply do a quick water test to make sure all is good

I bought a used 29g biocube off CL and had a terrible time with it. When I got there to get it it was holding water fine. Took it home and it still held water. Only when I added the sand and liverock did it start leaking. Guess it couldnt take the added weight or something.

Just be very careful and check it out for any issues. If it's empty check inside the at the seals.

Hope that helps and good luck!

I bought a used 29g biocube off CL and had a terrible time with it. When I got there to get it it was holding water fine. Took it home and it still held water. Only when I added the sand and liverock did it start leaking. Guess it couldnt take the added weight or something.

Just be very careful and check it out for any issues. If it's empty check inside the at the seals.

Hope that helps and good luck!

I was gonna suggest having the seller do a water test for you but figured the seller wouldn't want to go thru the hassle, if he's willing, by all means test it

I just bought it. I filled the tank up and see no leaks. I can't seem to keep the water level below the maximum line seen on the left side of the tank. I don't have the filter that fits into the filter slot, so I custom made the filter from a large filter pad that I have. Should I slip in another layer of pad to keep water level below maximum?

The blue lights work, but its always on. I think only one of the fluorescent light work. The other one may need to be changed.

Well for 75 bucks ya can't complain right??make sure and do a proper fishless cycle before stocking:)

Back
Top Bottom