Need some help on powerhead choices.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigTruck6o2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I just got the Wave Master Pro for Christmas as a present...right now i got some cheap powerheads i dont remember who makes them off the top of my head. Im looking at the Seio M620's i was looking to get 4 of them. Now i read somewhere that the continous on and off is going to burn them out quick, dont know if thats true or not. But i would think no matter what kind of powerhead its going to be harder on it being its turning on and off so many times. i have a 125 gallon reef tank...and just looking for some input on what a good powerhead choice would be for my situation TIA

I would reccomend Maxxjets either the 900's oor the 1200's I use 2 1200's on my 55

I've had the MJ1200's on the Wave Maser for about a year. Nothing other than routine maintenance to clean them. I recently moved two of them to full time but with the Hydor FLO Rotating Deflectors which also need periodic cleaning/maintenance.

I just ordered two of the Seio 620 that I'm going to use to replace a couple of my MJ1200's. I'm interested in the wider flow pattern and want to see what that does to the overall flow pattern.

Back
Top Bottom