Need Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mp3z24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put my rock in from liverocks this past friday. I was more concerned with getting it in the tank than aquascaping, as it had been sitting for a bit b/c i was at work all day. Throughout the weekend, I found many of what I believe are Aipstasia, in addition to the other living thigs on the rock. Since there are a LOT of aipstasia on my rocks, I will have to dispach them some way. Plus, on the base rock that I cycled with, I have a lot of green algee growth to deal with.

Anyway... get to the point you say...

Well, the way I see it, I have 3 ways to proceed now, and I want some opinions on what I should do next.

1. Leave the rock as is, buy a couple of peppermint shrimp, and some joes juice, and focus on wiping out the aipstasia. I am sure I will have to turn several of the rocks to get all the aipstasia off.

2. Aquascape how I want it and then try to get the aipstaia with joes juice and peppermint shrimps. I am likely to miss a bunch based on the number in the tank right now.

3. Aquascape how I want it and deal with the algee with a cleanup crew. Then deal with the aipstasia after that.

I am thinking that I should kill off as much of the aipstasia first, then aquascape, and then get a clean up crew. I worry that if I get a clean up crew first, before aquascaping, that I will crush some of them when I rearrange the rocks...

let me know what you think...

~mike

Aquascape how I want it and then try to get the aipstaia with joes juice and peppermint shrimps. I am likely to miss a bunch based on the number in the tank right now.
this is what I would do. According to Mike at liverocks.com, this type of api is not nearly as agreesive as other species. When I talked with hime about it he did not seemed worried at all about it's growth potential.

I got half a dozen or so with my liverock.com order too, and having read lots pro and con here, I've decided to go with Mike's advice and leave these particular ones alone for now. Time will tell, right? May have to do some emergency executions later!!

Back
Top Bottom